We accept trade-ins!
Save an extra 12% as trade-ins reduce the PST/GST on your new purchase!
Trade-in your old film or digital camera and trade-up to that new camera, lens, or accessory you've been looking at! We take in all kinds of old equipment and if you aren't sure, just give us a call, visit us in store, or contact us online for more information.
Before you visit:
- Please arrive at least one (1) hour prior to our closing time to ensure that our staff have enough time to look over your equipment and complete the trade-in process.
- Please check that your equipment powers on and functions as normal as we can only accept working camera gear.
- Bring in any camera/lens accessories such as battery chargers, extra batteries, camera straps, cables, and lens/camera body caps as this will allow us to provide you with the highest value for your gear.
- Due to municipal bylaws we may be required to obtain personal information from your photo identification and submit it to the appropriate authorities when items are traded in.
- While we can give you a quote of what your gear might be worth over the phone or through email, please keep in mind that these are estimates. For an accurate quote, please visit us in store with your equipment.
- Due to licensing restrictions we cannot pay for trade-in equipment with cash but we are happy to provide you with a gift card for a purchase at a later date.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, please contact your local Lens & Shutter.